Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Fourteen

It's now been two weeks since the surgery.   Please keep Mike in your prayers.  He's not eating well and doesn't have much energy.  Mike was put on a sodium IV transfusion at home last night, and is going to start another one this afternoon.  He'll probably be on a 5-hour sodium IV transfusion each day for the next 8 days.  Low sodium is concerning because it can cause dehydration and also affects the heart and other organs.

Tomorrow he meets with the surgeon to find out what the long term recovery plan is going to be.

4 comments:

Marion and Joyce said...

Hi Mike:
Recovery is the hard. I am praying for you. My Grandma Pearl taught me to make good chicken soup. When I sick it always made be better. Since I am not there to prepare it for you, I will make it in your name and will eat it for you. Hope it helps. May God Richly Bless You and You recover quickly. Joyce

Unknown said...

Mike,
You probably do not remember me. I heard from Emily about what you are going through. She gave me your blog, I hope you do not mind. You will be in my prayers along with the rest of your family.
Take care!
Brenda Inskeep (Poston)

Mary Jean and Tom said...

Hey Mike,
Can you believe it. All our adult lives we are told not to use allot of salt. It is all their fault. You need that salt they said not to eat. Now they are pouring it in you. All kidding aside, we love you, and this rough patch will smooth out soon. Love mj and tom

Anonymous said...

Atta Boy Mike eat pretzels and all the chicken noodle soup you can handle? I will keep you in my prayers and my positive thinking for you. This all takes time and you will be your old self down the road buddy. Hang in there Flip, you will get back to normal in time. God Bless you! Hey All, Mike has a Birthday Monday July 5th wish him a happy 55 (The double nickel)....55 and born in 1955.